Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Don't Judge Me As a Homeowner!

Can someone tell me if this is normal?? Our hostas look awful. Is this just how they look when it gets cold? Are they dead for all time?
Yuck, I do not
want these in my front yard!

Look at the pretty colors on this little tree (Japanese Maple?)...I love all the colors of fall.


I can't wait til all the tr
ees around us start changing colors! The weather today was also awesome. 72 degrees...perfect!

And just as a side note...reason #900 why I love my husband: He has declared it "his job" to take out the trash on Tuesdays, no matter how late he gets home from work. I'm soooo okay with that rule!!!

3 comments:

  1. They start looking like that after a few frosts, but if you cut them down to the dirt level they will sprout new "stalks" in the spring and look nice again . . . ours look the same. It isn't pretty ;) And agree I LOVE that your and my hubs take out the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - time to cut the hosta foilage. They'll come back in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours look the same, don't worry!!! Ha ha... I love your post title.

    ReplyDelete