Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some Details Around the House...

Here are a few updates from around the house. We are finally starting to get settled into the house and I'm getting excited again to decorate. Here's what the house is looking like these days...

Gil's sister w
as doing a study abroad in Ecuador and brought this back for our 1st anniversary. It fits perfectly in the hallway on the main floor.


Th
e mantle is looking very bare right now. We bought a mirror from IKEA, but didn't measure first and it was too tall. Here are the accent chairs that we bought. We are in desperate need of an area rug. Maybe in chocolate brown? Not sure yet.


Here's the
couch that we bought from Art Van. We need some artwork on that bare wall. I kind of like this from Pottery Barn for that wall.


This i
s a cute coat rack that I found at Garden Ridge in Shelby Township. I need a lighting solution for the bottom of the stairs. Notice how dark it is? There's a light at the top of the stairs, but not the bottom. It bothers me.


This is a tile that I love that we got from Gil's aunt for our wedding. It's hanging in the kitchen. "A toast to the night the magic began..."

The basement has furniture...Gasp! As you can see, I was watching "A Baby Story" on TLC. Since we've gotten cable, all I watch is TLC. Mostly "Say Yes to the Dress", which Gil claims he simply can't understand because I already bought my wedding dress. What can I say, it's just fun to watch.

Ignore the clutter on the bar, please! I bought these cute vases and flowers at, can you guess?, Ikea. I think it would be cute to paint the cutouts behind the vases. Any color ideas?


I love the bright yellow of these mums that we picked up this weekend. We still need a welcome mat. I bought one that was really cute this summer, but the big porch dwarfed it. It's now residing under the side door. We still need to find a cute, BIG mat for the front.

So there you have it, we have more furniture, we have some knick knacks. Give me aother couple months and we should be all set! I'm already getting excited to decorate for Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates! super cute. i especially like the vases + flowers. what a fun touch! in terms of the background of the cubes? i think it would be really cute to find a modern black and white patterned wallpaper to put behind those. it would make the flower color and vases pop.

    also, what color gray is that in your first picture? we're paining our bathroom gray and I just don't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, the paint does in fact look gray in the picture. That's because our camera is kind of crappy and the colors come out less than vivid (I totally looked up the camera that you use because your pictures are awesome on your blog)! The walls are actually a light sage-y green. Sorry I can't help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great details :) You could do a brown or even a bluish/grey colored rug with those cute chairs and comfy couch. What about a robins egg blue or even a softer blue/bluish green in the cute little cut-outs. And I LOVE your porch and mums :) They are so happy and fall like. Isn't having a house fun when you get to actually enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete