Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Need Decor...

Now that the basement is done!!! we need to finish the rest of the house. Once we move the basement furniture from the upstairs living room back down to the basement, we will have ourselves one empty room. We've been looking at couches for a while and may have found one. What do you think about this one in "sand" from Artvan?

Artvan.com
We also like this chair from IKEA...we were thinking of getting two, one for either side of the fireplace. But I don't know if I'm sold on the pattern yet.
Ikea.com

Then what kind of rug to get? I'm having trouble piecing patterns and colors together in a way that won't look hideous. I think I need a home decorating show to come take over my house and do it for me.

I've gotten some ideas about where to find nice decor for cheap. If you have a favorite home decor store, post a comment so that I can make my house look fabulous!!

4 comments:

  1. You're not seriously considering Art Van again?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - i found your blog via facebook and added to my google reader. It is fun for me to track the progress you guys are making on your house, especially since we, too, just bought our first house and are having fun putting it all together.

    First, I do like the couch + chairs idea.

    Second, I recommend that you check out younghouselove.com. while i enjoy decor8 and design sponge, i like younghouse because it tends to be more practical/accessible. they have great style, great ideas, and are very budget friendly.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea, Jessica! I will check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete