Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Break Has Commenced!

The end of the school year was a doozy! It felt busy, hectic, and my kids were bursting with excitement for summer break (so was I)!

The first week of break was fabulous and calm. It's been so nice being home and being with Mason everyday. He seems like he's growing and learning so fast. He's babbling so much and picking up a lot of language lately. I love how big he is right now! He can climb up on the couch and now has "free reign" over the house for the most part. Two cute things he is doing right now that I don't want to forget:
#1 When he wants something, he sits down on his butt, nods his head, and says "more".
#2 He also points at an object and then points back at himself when he wants something.
Both of these things I find adorable!!! I also love the sound of his little voice and his little feet running around.

As usual, with good weather and more time comes the desire to be active. I've been walking and/or working out most days since school has gotten out and it feels really good. Gil and I have both been tracking our steps with our Fitbits and that's been motivating.

On Sunday, we celebrated Father's day with a present and cinnamon rolls in the morning and then we went to the park in the afternoon. Mason loved the splash pad, even though it was pretty busy. A lot of kids had buckets there and Mason kept following them around trying to play with them. After that, we walked the trails and checked out the little nature center at the park for the first time.






Happy Summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment