Sunday, July 23, 2017

A New Adventure in New Jersey

It's been quite a long time since I posted anything here and I thought I probably wouldn't return to this blog. However, we recently made a move and I find myself wanting to document our adventures. We have moved from Michigan to New Jersey for Gil to do a tour in the national office.

People had mixed reactions when they heard we were moving to New Jersey. They either immediately thought of every New Jersey stereotype they've ever heard or they thought of adventures going into the city.

New Jersey has been better than I expected in the few weeks we've been here. The landscape is hilly and rocky and the shore is beautiful. We haven't had much time to explore yet, as Mason and I have just gotten here and Gil is busy at work right now but we have started a bucket list of things to do while we live here.

On Friday, I took Mason to the shore to visit the Gateway National Recreation Area. We went to the beach at Sandy Hook and saw the views of Manhattan. It was a gorgeous day at the beach. We missed Gil while he was working and definitely plan to go back with him. There were great biking trails and I'd love to go back when it's cooler to bike. 









Here's to more adventures in New Jersey...


No comments:

Post a Comment