Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally...

After a lot of waiting for the insurance company, work on the basement begins again today. They will start repairing the tile today and hopefully the laundry room will be finished this week so we can do laundry in our own home again!! After the tile is repaired, they will tear out the drywall that got wet and replace it. After that, it should be all done and ready for clean up. I CAN'T wait to move all the junk down to the basement! Mostly, I can't wait for the guest room not to look like this:


Atrocious, I know.

We were in Ann Arbor this weekend and stopped by World Market I had already thought of what I wanted for the wall decor in the dining room and found exactly what I was picturing at World Market. We bought two of the handmade Wood and Iron Panels which actually proved to be quite tricky to hang. We finally got them on the walls, mostly even, and realized that one panel was about 1/2 an inch longer than the other. I guess that's what happens when you buy handmade, but it looks strange. Now we have to figure something else out. But I still love them...what do you think? I also really loved these Concave Iron Leaf Panels. Maybe those would be easier to use?

3 comments:

  1. My only comment is if this is your last week off why are you posting stuff at 6:26 AM? Crazy girl.

    I don't think anyone would notice the difference in them by just looking, and if they do then they should win a prize (I'm sure the dollar store would have some obnoxious gift to give). I think it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! :)

    Haha, I noticed that it said I posted at 6:26, also. It was actually more like 9:30. For some reason, it always displays the wrong time. For example, I never post anything at 2 a.m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it the way it is! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete