Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alright, You've Been Patient Enough...

So I'm hesitant to say this, but I think our basement is FINISHED. The last contractor finished up yesterday. Now I think the only things left are rehanging the towel rack in the bathroom and putting furniture and "stuff" back downstairs. Check out the life, death and rebirth of our basement below...

Basement as we bought it:



Basement 2 Weeks into Home Ownership:


And finally... The basement as it currently resides. Yes, we will one day add furniture and decor:

So glad that they were able to match the tile!

Now, onto the laundry room. All you need to know is that the tile did not match the basement, nor was it all the same tile. The previous owner had thrown in some random color variation for fun. There were also random pipes jutting out of the bathroom wall under the utility sink. We just wouldn't stand for that!

The tile in the laundry room is now a smaller cut of the same tile used in the main room in the basement. Cohesive, I like that.

Now, my favorite part of all. The bathroom.
Original Bathroom:


Bathroom 2 Weeks into Home Ownership:

We can't forget about that buried trash can...So strange.

Drum Roll Please...
New Bathroom:

I'm a big fan of the new tile. What do you think?


Now onto buying new furniture for the living room upstairs and decor (yes!!!) and of course, unpacking all the junk in the guest room.

It is so nice to have a functioning basement again!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new bathroom!!!! And of course the rest looks wonderful as well. Great job you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The basement looks great! I LOVE the tiles and bathroom choices too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ordeal. But it looks like you ended up with an even better bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna say that the bathroom behind door number 2 (pun intended) is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete