Monday, September 7, 2009

Classroom, Baby Party and State Fair!

I'll start off with a lovely photo of my classroom, still a work in progress. Notice the yucky rug...Can't wait to receive the new one from Donors Choose! For the most part, I'm all set for my new class to arrive tomorrow morning! Gulp.

This is a shot of the calendar area and classroom library (blue and red tubs of books, thank you IKEA). On the "Reading" bulletin board, you can see the Genre posters from Beth Newingham's awesome teaching website in Troy. When we complete a read aloud book, we write the title on a sticky note and stick it to the corresponding genre poster.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, we're on to the Baby Party. Last weekend, my sister hosted a baby party for the end of summer. I was the only non-baby owner who attended. It was a fun day hanging out in the sunshine.



Kiki had a little tro
uble steering...

And finally, an attempt at a group photo. I kind of just stood to the
side and laughed as the madness ensued. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least...The State Fair! I had never been to the fair and unfortunately it's going to be the last one.

We had lots o
f fun, although the building full of roosters? Terrifying! Who knew there were so many kinds of scary, ridiculously loud roosters!?
Like this pompous rooster here. Or this rooster on stilts. He had a head, it's just tucked, I promise.

In the science building, the guys attempted to spin the plates (w/ one 5 second success) for about 15 minutes.


The babies saw some turtles and frogs. They do classroom visits...I want to set that up for this year!

There was some comical logrolling...
And Wonder of Life...aka CUTE BABY ANIMALS!
Little Lambs

Tiny Piglets

This little guy was pretty exhausted.


It was a fun day to hang out in the sunshine, feeling happy to be a Michigander!

No comments:

Post a Comment